Data from other sources
You have the option to include data from sources other than those available on The Secure Research Platform.
These could be data you have collected on your own or data you have received from other sources.
You can have your own data included in your project on The Secure Research Platform. Please note that your own data must also comply with the pseudonymity requirements, meaning that data cannot contain names or addresses, and that personal identification numbers and serial numbers will be encrypted.
You are about to apply
You can request to have your own data uploaded to The Secure Research Platform at the same time as applying to have your project set up on The Secure Research Platform. All you have to do is include this in your project application.
You have an ongoing project on The Secure Research Platform
If you already have a project on The Secure Research Platform, you can request to have your own data uploaded by contacting Research Services via our contact form. The electronic application form is currently only available in Danish. We therefore recommend that the Danish institution you are collaborating with assists you with this part of the application.
To ensure swift processing of your request, it is important to discern between the following:
- An update of your own existing data (covered by current data access agreement).
- In this case, it is not necessary to fill in the information sheet about your own data.
- An inclusion of new data provided by you. In this case, we will ask you to fill in the information sheet about the data provided by you. The information sheet is in Danish only.
If you can answer no to at least one of the questions below, the data is your own and NOT covered by the current data access agreement:
- Is your own data from the same source as existing own data?
- Is the data set named similarly to the existing data set?
Note that the data set can be specified with a relevant postfix (e.g. date), provided that the naming is otherwise unchanged.
- Does the data set contain the same specific variables already reported in Annex C of your agreement?
If the data set contains new or other specific variables, it is considered your own new data on The Secure Research Platform.
Read more about specific variables in the instructions for the inclusion of your own data on The Secure Research Platform (only in Danish)
When requesting to have your own data uploaded to The Secure Research Platform, the data must meet certain criteria. Among these, you should be aware of the following:
- Your data must be included in the project description in the register of the data controller.
- We recommend Research Services listed as data processor in the register.
- Data must comply with the pseudonymisation guidelines on The Secure Research Platform.